Dec 21, 2008

lets grrr together




A friend of mine going through difficult times. I’m not in a better position too. So nowadays, as you can imagine, when we chat there is a “grrr- part”. Sometimes its a long one , sometimes a brief one.

Today I came across to the following. I think Paolo Coelho wrote it.

The master says: "If you must cry, cry like a child."You were once a child, and one of the first things you learned in life was to cry, because crying is a part of life. Never forget that you are free, and that to show your emotions is not shameful. "Scream, sob loudly, make as much noise as you like. Because that is how children cry, and they know the fastest way to put their hearts at ease."Have you ever noticed how children stop crying? They stop because something distracts them. Something calls them to the next adventure. "Children stop crying very quickly."And that's how it will be for you. But only if you can cry as children do."

Ok, I know that there are people that suffer more than I do, they have to face greater and more important challenges than mine and I should be grateful that my problems are not that big or difficult as theirs. I know that, but…

…but this doesn’t mean that I can’t complain, be frustrated, grumpy, whimpering.
Complaining is not bad, as long as it has a cleansing purpose. All that noise in our mind doesn’t let us relax and sometimes when you take that noise out, it stops even for a while. Those days he is a crying baby and I’m a crying baby too. We need that. To clean inside and then be “present” to our meeting. We have fun after the “grrr-part”. We laugh, we tease each other, we talk about “more important” things, as one could say.

“Lets grr together” he told me the other day. I chuckled when I heard that. Because actually its not the “grr-part” that is the most important here. Is that you can do it together with someone else. And later you can make fun of your self about grumbling.

Some people say, “Don’t cry. It’s not that important. See the positive side.”
I like more the “Scream, sob loudly, make as much noise as you like.”

Cry baby, cry…



.

image : SAD Pony Guerilla Girl. by About a Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are welcome to post a comment